Wednesday 3 December 2008

What's Going On With This Blog?

Bloggers tend to write from personal experience. Recently I have been adding more content about not for profit enterprises to the Energized Accounting blog and there's a reason. For the past several months, I have been on contract to The United Church of Canada. I was recently offered the position of Executive Officer, Financial Services effective January 1, 2009. That's the official title, but externally the position is referred to as the Chief Financial Officer. As a result, this blog will change its focus.

When I started Energized Accounting, I was an accounting system implementation consultant and project manager, and my posts reflected what I was doing every day. Now I am not as involved in the day to day running of the accounting system and am more concerned with supporting the units (i.e. departments) running the programs and projects of the Church.

I expect there will still be a technology focus to this blog and I invite you to join us as we struggle to make efficient and effective use of emerging technologies (as well as the ones we already own!) I hope that the posts will be of general use, not just to those who work in the not for profit sector.

Thank you for coming along for the Energized Accounting ride. Please comment about anything and everything you've read here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My bike got a nasty puncture in the tire today, and you got a wonderful promotion. Karmic balance! ;)

Congrats on the new position! :)

(And no worries about my bike... I was downtown... which meant MEC was 3 blocks away - and they now have an on-site bike shop too!)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new position. I'm looking forward to a whole new set of posts from a different perspective!

Mark
dynamicaccounting.net

Unknown said...

Hey Krupo, sorry about your bike. We shop at MEC too. It's the best.

Thanks for your support, Mark.